Experience a 500 year old Maltese house full of character that contributes to the glorious heritage of the Maltese Islands with its original setting.
Look up "Welcome to Malta. 2 Labini Holiday Home, Rabat & Mdina" for a video.
Experience a 500 year old Maltese house full of character that contributes to the glorious heritage of the Maltese Islands with its original setting. Situated in Rabat, just 2 minutes away from the township of Mdina, a fortified hill-top urban settlement located at the very heart of the Maltese Islands. It offers an intimate experience of living in next to the Silent City which inspires tranquillity at any time of the day or night. This self catering accommodation is a unique house which expresses the joy of the life of Mdina mingled with both modern and old playful accents of Maltese spirit.
The house is located right next to the Mdina entrance, Howard Gardens and The Roman Villa. 3 minute walking distance from Rabat center, bus interchange, shops, baker, bank, restaurants and anything you might need.
Places to visit (5km area): Palazzo Falson Historic House Museum, Mdina Cathedral, Mdina Glass, St. Paul's Cathedral Museum, Fontanella tea gardens, Palazzo de Piro, Mdina Dungeons, The Knights of Malta, National Museum of Natural History. and a lot more!
The house is also only 5km away from Dingli Ciffs and 10km away from Ghajn Tuffieha Bay, Golden Bay, Popeye's Village and Mellieha Bay
Mdina is one of the 7 sites listed in the UNESCO tentative list.
Other names were Melita (Roman occupation), Medina (Arabic occupation), Citta Notabile (Knights of St. John) and Citta Vecchia (after Valletta was built).
Must experience! very unique property!
Also, Very close to the the nicest beaches on the island. Ghajn Tuffieha and Golden Bay
- live in a house that was inhabited and possibly first built in the sixteen hundred! comprising of unique features such as double walls and self supporting arches have been kept in top condition.
- Suitable for couple or small family
- 5 meter x 5 meter glass sliding (openable) roof, perfect for sleeping under the stars!
- Very quiet area, no noise at all except for birds chirping
- Ample parking space in the vicinity
- 2 BBQ areas with unique views of 3 churches including the Mdina cathedral
- Full size office
- Well ventilated and insulated
- All character has been restored or kept to its original condition
- All linen and beach towels provided
- 2 channel sound system (one set of speakers in the court yard, one in the upsatairs living room)
- Complimentary high speed (4mbits) wifi with unlimited bandwidth and a stable connection
- Welcome snacks, coffee and milk is also provided so you can relax after that long haul flight.
Other things to note
Parking: there is a large free public carpark located 50m away from the house
Air Conditioning operational using a coin meter